What You Will Find on This Page
Whether you live in an apartment or a house, the new digital peephole door viewer camera is a great safety feature for your home.
You can see who it out there and they won’t know that you are home. With an old-fashioned peephole, the person outside is able to see you looking through.
You will want to look closely at the features, and I would seriously consider the night vision and the image capturing in addition to the wide angle lens so you can see more than just one person.
Here are some features that you might want to consider:
- Has some night vision capability (though you will need to have an outdoor light on)
- Wide angle lens
- Clear visibility on the screen
- Takes a picture when someone rings the doorbell
- Video record when someone is there
- Take a picture when someone is at your door
This is what I have found to be the top best digital peephole door viewers based on customer reviews
Wide Angle Peephole Door Viewer
All of the digital viewers that we looked have the wide angle feature.
Digital Peephole Door Viewer with Motion Sensor
In reviewing the brands that offer motion sensors, it appears that the technology isn’t ready yet. The reviews are few. Perhaps it is the added cost that is stopping people from buying. You can see the motion sensor options here.
Digital Peephole Door Viewer with Wifi
These viewers are quite a bit more expensive than the traditional digital viewers, and as such, not as many reviews have been made about them.
You can see a complete selection by clicking here
Top 4 Brands Buying Guide
- is the most popular brand and has a few different options for you to choose from. The basic model PHV1325 provides you with a digital viewer that is easy to install and easy to look at. It has a 3.5″ screen and the image is easy to see for people of any height and is similar to that on the display of a digital camera.
- has night vision, wide angle lense, video recording and photo taking. It is an entry level system with strong customer reviews.
- has a 3.5″ screen which can also do wide angle viewing. Simply push a button to see what is going on outside at any time. Uses 3 AA batteries (not included). You can read reviews here.
- has a small number of reviews for their products, but one that you can consider.