We’ve researched the best safety bests for the big and tall person in larger sizes of XXL 3XL 4XL 5XL and 6XL.
Comfortable and affordable, and most importantly…designed to help keep you safe while on the job.
6XL Safety Vests
GloWear ANSI High Visibility Lime Breakaway Public Safety Vest, 6XL/7XL
$19.11 in stock
- ANSI COMPLAINT Meets ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 Type P Class 2 standard which is designed for Emergency and Incident Responders and Law Enforcement Personnel
- SHORTER DESIGN The ANSI/ISEA Type P standard allows the vest to be shorter providing quicker and easier access to service belts
- INCREASED SAFETY AROUND SNAG HAZARDS 5-point breakaway designed to easily remove in the event it is caught or grabbed
- DURABLE AND BREATHABLE ANSI complaint Polyester mesh (3.3 oz./112 gsm)
- VERSATILE STORAGE Webbing tab on upper left chest for mic, glasses or pen storage and 1 interior multi layered pocket
HiVizGard All Mesh Fabric Class 3 Vest with Sleeves, 6X-Large
$20.75 in stock
- Made of 100 percent polyester
- All mesh fabric with non-conductive and non-caustic zipper front closure
- Comes with 2-inches wide silver reflective stripes in vertical and horizontal patterns both front and back and at the edge of sleeves, 2 outside flap pockets with hook and loop closure
- 6X-large size
- Fluorescent lime green color
In 2010, The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) updated their standard for high-visibility safety apparel, the updated standard is now known as ANSI/ISEA 107-2010. The updates to the old standard address vests that call for high visibility, flame-resistance, water repellency and functionality
5XL Safety Vests
While most think that safety vests are for roadside construction workers and emergency responders only, they also serve a purpose in other work areas.
Any work areas where oncoming vehicles or equipment could potentially harm or hit a worker calls for the use of a high visibility safety vest, such as a parking lot attendant.
In order to stay within OSHA requirements, workers need to wear specific high visibility safety vests. Specific vests are also now a requirement by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
There are three classes of safety vests and what you need to know.
ANSI Class I Vests –
Class I garments worn are intended for occupational activities where the worker has ample separation from approaching traffic. Vehicles and moving equipment used in these areas should not exceed speeds of 25 mph, and the worker should be in a position to give his full attention to all oncoming traffic. Class I safety vests are ideal for occupations such as parking attendants and shopping cart retrievers.
ANSI Class II Vests –
Class II garments worn are for workers who need greater visibility due to these factors: potential bad weather, vehicle or equipment speeds that exceed 25 mph, tasks that take attention away from traffic and/or activities that take place close to traffic. Class II vests provide protection for occupations that include crossing guard and airport ground crew.
4XL Safety Vests
ANSI Class III Safety Vests and Hi Vis Clothing –
Class III garments offer the highest level of visibility and have sleeves that provide protection to the arms as well as the torso. These vests are intended for situations where the worker has a high task load and is exposed to high speeds and/or limited sight distances. A Class III safety vest provides visibility through the full range of body motions from a distance of at least 1280 feet. Emergency responders, road construction workers and survey crews are some of the individuals that require Class III safety clothing.
Salzmann 3M Multi Pocket Safety Vest Meets ANSI/ISEA10Pioneer High Visibility, Reflective Safety Vest, ANSI Class 1Reflective Safety Vest With PocketsNSI Class 2 Heavy Duty Two Tone High Vis Surveyor Safety VestBreathable Safety Vest Multiple Colors Available
3XL Safety Vests
Check out the 3XL safety vests -Yellow, lime green or black. Sleeveless, short sleeve or long sleeve. With pockets or without pockets. Lots to choose from!
While avoiding unnecessary fines and penalties from OSHA are a large concern for employers, an even larger concern is the safety of their workers